Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player, What Is It, Briefly?
Basically, a small popular machine (Yes, it is actually about the size of a hockey puck) for streaming movies, games, TV programmes, Live sports and music in to your TV in your home from the Internet at high speed (Streaming is the future of media) . A Roku Product, so one of the most popular streaming machines been purchased today worldwide. Let’s look at the good and bad for this product.
What Is So Good About This Machine?
- It’s cheap, easy, fun and the setup is a breeze and has over 350 entertainment channels
- There are 3 versions and channels: Public Apps Private and 3 categories Pay, Free, and Subscription, that include Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Vimeo, Amazon rentals, Hulu Plus, Pandora Radio . You can get the HBO Go app that will which you to stream from HBO on demand from a huge catalog of movies and TV shows. Over 150,000 movies and TV shows.
- You can get sports channels such as NBA and MLB (subscription required for this stuff).
- It has a built-in accelerometers and game-friendly buttons, and it works well for games especially motion-controlled Angry Birds (tends to take up huge amount of space) more 2D casual games are promised.
- It has a few more capabilities, including a game controller, an ethernet jack, and a USB port for playing external files as well as wired and wireless network capabilities.
- There are lots of kids programming on there available.
- It operates on a modified Linux OS. This gives this device a lot of flexibility
- Roku has a great forum community and you will get straight answers most of the time.
What Is The Downside of This Product?
- The Box does not have adequate memory and needs an external micro-SD card for more capacity
- Like a lot of electronics, the Roku must be connected to the internet to download updates before it can even be used. This process can take about an hour
Conclusion In A Nutshell!
If you’re in the market for a Roku 2 you might as well get this high-end model. Roku 2 XS can run on pretty much any TV (it includes composite cables) and can display up to 1080p resolutions. Do not buy a Roku player that does not also have the capability of being “WIRED” along with “WIRELESS”.
The software interface is not slick but everything is fast and responsive.If you want a great product to enhance your TV viewing, the Roku is a great option, and at the price they’re selling them at, they’re quite affordable. I would recommend the Roku 2 XS over the other Roku 2 models simply because it comes with an ethernet port for a wired connection. For some customers this could make a big difference when a wireless connection is difficult to achieve or slow at best.
For it’s price and for what it can do it is well worth, but as always stressed on this site, do your homework, look at all the other devices available over at Amazon , compare, read some of the reviews available but remember to look for solid problems with these products and not reviews complaining about the silliest of things.
Click below to view more customer reviews